Vietnam is a country in Southeast Asia. It’s officially known as the Socialist Republic of Vietnam (SRV). Vietnam is the world’s fifteenth-most populous country, with over 100 million people.
Here are some facts about Vietnam:
- It’s located on the eastern edge of mainland Southeast Asia.
- It has a long coastline, much of which fronts on the South China Sea.
- The capital is Hanoi.
- The official language is Vietnamese.
- The money is the Dong.
- The major mountain range is the Annam Cordiller.
- It’s known for its beaches, rivers, Buddhist pagodas, and bustling cities.
- It has striking scenery for both a blissful holiday on white sands and backpacking adventures through Unesco World Heritage Sites such as Ha Long Bay.